[Namron] Skarrgard Demo

Kaitlynn Morgan kaitlynnmorgan at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 20 06:01:42 PDT 2004

If you haven't heard yet, or just need a reminder, Skarrgard is hosting a
demo at Shawnee's Jazz Festival this Saturday 10am-6pm

MORE INFO THAN YOU COULD POSSIBLE WANT--
Woodland Forest Festival
Saturday, September 25th
Woodland Park, Shawnee, OK

	The city of Shawnee has invited us to participate in their annual jazz
festival Saturday, September 25th. Skarrgard will be hosting a demo at
Woodland Park 10:00 am to 6:00pm.
We will be setting up the evening of Friday the 24th. The city is providing
added security Friday night, as well as several volunteers. Camping will
also be permitted in the park on Friday. Help is needed to set up the list
field and displays.
Volunteers from every walk are needed. Arts and Sciences displays and
demonstrations are needed. There is no fee for displays or venders.
Everyone is invited to come and set up a display (in order to use a home
made pavilion we need records of its flame-retardant treatment, inspection
by a chemical agency, and the builders of the pavilion). Anyone who is
setting up a booth must be set up by 9:00 am Saturday morning. That is when
we are having the park inspected for the required permit. If you are
planning on setting up a booth, we ask that you bring a fire extinguisher.
About one fire extinguisher is needed per about every four displays. We will
also be having a bake sale to raise money. (If you have been looking for a
reason to bake, you found it!) We need fighters both heavy & light, as well
as water bearers, field heralds, list mistresses, and rope walkers. There
will be a stage available for demonstrations as well. Dancers, drummers, and
all performers are invited to join us.
Venders are wanted to come set up here as well. There is still plenty of
space available, but venders need to sign up early for inspection purposes.
You will need to provide your tax documents or information is you are
non-profit and selling items.
Helping hands will be needed on Saturday evening after the demo to help take
everything down and clean up. When all the work is through there will be a
revel at 602 N. Leo in Shawnee, hosted by Salarna and Bradely of Skarrgard.
There will be plenty of camping space and a potluck dinner. Everyone is
invited to join the celebration.
This is an excellent opportunity to show the public what we do. We are
getting free publicity on the radio and flyers via the festival. We need to
put on the best demo this year so we will be invited back next year. The
demo will rouse interest in the SCA from many people that would otherwise
not be exposed to us.

Come and enjoy the music and festivities!

Contacts:

Demo Autocrat
Vender Coordinator
Performer & Display Contact