[Namron] Prynhawn da (good afternoon)

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Tue Apr 12 21:56:35 PDT 2005

Syr Owen wrote:
> The next combined practice will be held in Namron at Reeves park this Sunday
> April 17th, it is located on the southeast corner of Jenkins and Timberdell. I
> am sorry for the late notice but it was unavoidible. I look forward to seeing
> as many of the fine and stalwart warriors of our region that can make it.

I spoke with Syr Owen this evening, and he has apologized profusely for
the suddenness of this, and he understands that this is between Medieval
Faire and Beltane and we are all recovering from one and getting ready
for the other.

They understand our position, and don't expect the hospitality to be on
a par with the other combined practices we hosted last year.
Nonetheless, it would be nice to surprise them.  So we've asked
Tavernmeister Owen Stott to pull one of the leftover hams out of the
freezer, and Her Excellency is going to bake a couple of loaves of fresh
bread (I asked her to make one of them Cottage Cheese & Dill, yum!)  If
anyone wants to volunteer something to fill out this gnoshies table,
please coordinate with Owen Stott.

They plan to work on single combat for the first couple of hours, then
switch to melee combat for the remainder.  Even the best melee teams end
up at some point in individual combat, so these combined practices will
focus on individual fighting at the beginning.  Several knights have
committed to be at these to help train fighters.

If some of you are wondering what a "combined practice" is, it's
something we started here last year.  We would pick a weekend for the
fighters of our fighter practice to go over to Skarrgard's practice
instead.  The next month they would pick a weekend to come to ours.
Then Wiesenfeuer got in on it.  It meant that once a month you would
have a whole mess of fighters to play with.  Syr Owen plans on working
with the knight marshals in other groups to work out a schedule,
rotating around the three groups already mentioned, but occasionally
going up to Moonschadowe or out to Eldern Hills or elsewhere.  The
knight marshals will work out dates that are good for their groups and
don't interfere (as much as possible) with local events or demos or
weddings and such.

So if you are a fighter, Reeve's Park will be a good place to be this
Sunday.  If you are not a fighter, it will still be a good place to be,
because some of your friends will be there, and someone has to explain
to the passers-by that "those guys" aren't really hurting each other.

Ulf and Maleah
Baron and Baroness