[Namron] A couple of notes on Kindom A&S

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Wed Feb 16 20:54:58 PST 2005

LdTadhg ld_tadhg at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> What you might not know is that 15 other individuals were called to the
> stage...all scoring 40 points or higher...who were awarded pilgrim badges by
> the Kindom Minister of A&S, Mistress Jehan. Of those 15, 3 hailed from
> Namron: HL Fionnagain (Bardic Performance), milady Isobel (Period Makeup),
> and HL Tadhg (Small Metheglin).

You are correct.  I mentioned the people, the high scores, and the two
that are going on, but failed to mention that three were also called to
the stage for the pilgrim badges given those who scored 40 or above.

> If 25 had been called again, Namron would have sent 5...again, 20% of
> the Ansteorran contingent.

While we are playing (or bragging-and-why-not?) with numbers, this
barony represents about 5% of the population of the Kingdom.  We
represent 20% of the arts... well, at least this year.

Last year, of the 25 entries chosen for Gulf Wars, two were from Barat,
one was from Tadhg, and Ayesha was chosen as an alternate.  That would
be somewhere between 9% and 16%, depending on how you count an
alternate.

One could say, "The people of Namron are exceptional", but while
forsooth, it lacks the impact of "We rock!"

Ulf