[Namron] I know...another stupid question....

marc adkins winkleried at oecadvantage.net
Mon Jan 10 19:36:05 PST 2005

see below
Wilhelm
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Samarrah bint Annaan
  Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 8:16 PM
  Subject: [Namron] I know...another stupid question....

  Ok...showing evidence of my "newness" again....

  On various posts I've seen signatures that included lines like..."house of the weeping unicorn" etc....

  What house is this?
  WVW:Inn of the weeping unicorn is the household of the current Namron Chronicler

    What houses are there?

  WVW:There is an almost unlimited type of households out there, from fighting, sewing, cooking,brewing to UMMM" Alternative Lifestyles"
  Some ya made have heard of around here,
  Wolfstar
  Tribe
  Black Orchid
  Black Lotus
  Rouge Thunder
  Lionguard
  Gryphons

  What are their significance?

  WVW:Officialy not a whole lot. In the eyes of SCA Inc. a household is strictly an unoffical gathering of people with similar intrests.
  Doesn't matter what awards or positions you hold in a household it's all unoffical and don't mean squat as far as again SCA Inc. is concerned. Now in some kingdoms There is a closed crown list, and only members of the "Royal" Household are invited, but this is strictly a kingdom by kingdom thing. And for the record no I have never seen one just heard some of the Chivalry talking about it.

   What does it mean to be part of the house, guild, etc...?

  WVW: Whatever the particular members of said household make it mean

    How does one become a member of such

  WVW: Depends, some houses ask you to join, some you have to ask, Some don't mind sharing you with another household ,some have major problems with this.

   and does one want to?

  WVW: Depends again on what the households does/ belives in

  This may have been explaned to me ages ago, and if so, I appologize in advance.  I've slept since then and the computer system in my brain must have dumped the data somewhere inaccessable.

  Samarrah the still somewhat clueless but willing to learn

  No problem O' procurer of the pies
  Lord Wilhelm von Winkleried

  Samarrah bint Annaan, Princess of Pie Procurement

  God be with you in every pass. Jesus be with you on every hill. Spirit be with you in every stream, headland, ridge and law, each sea and land, each moor and meadow, lying down and rising up, in the trough of the waves or on the crest of the billow. Each step of the journey you go, go with God.