[Namron] Dealing with period police

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Sun Jan 9 15:29:41 PST 2005

Chass wrote:
> Prey tell how does everyone deal with the period police?

He received several very good replies, the majority of which I agree
with and support.

The one thing I want to point out, though, is that some of us *like*
talking about period stuff.  I enjoy swapping knowledge about Viking
customs and culture with anyone who has ever said a Scandinavian word in
my presence.  I pursue it with the same enthusiasm as a fighter who
figures everyone would be happier if they just put on armor once in a
while and crossed swords for fun.

I try not to let my discussions of period stuff reach the level of...
ermmm... "concentration" that fighters are know for when talking about
fighting.  But I am an avid rabid fan and if I've ever come across as
"period police" to anyone I am definitely sorry.

And no, I was not the lady in the lovely gown that Chass mentioned.

Baron Ulf