[Namron] kingdom events

barat at cox.net barat at cox.net
Mon Jul 11 14:11:32 PDT 2005

I agree that we should be active in hosting Kingdom events - especially the
A&S centric events given Namron's artistic leanings.

To that end our Seneschal opened bids for the January Red Tape at the last
Namron populace meeting.

With our access to rooms at O.U. through the student group the only expense
for the Barony would be lunch.

At my request Lady Eithne has already reserved rooms for the January Red
Tape at the O.U. Student Union (thanks Eithne). She has also acquired the
pricing for catering at the Union (we can't bring in our own food as we did at
the Energy Center). If someone other than me ends up as event steward they
can either use the rooms at the Union, or they can look at other locations for
the event (we could use the Energy Center again).

If we don't get the bid for the January Red Tape we have plenty of time to
cancel the rooms. As there is no charge for the rooms there is no fee for
canceling.

Barat
Chronicler

> Greetings,
>
> There are a couple of kingdom level events with bid deadlines coming up,
and I thought we might like to consider putting in bids for them.  I thought
we could discuss it at populace next week.

> Kingdom A&S is on February 17-19.  The bids are due on the first of
September.

> The next Round Table is on January 21st.  Master Modius has told me that
he will be making a call for bids next week, but he did not say what the
deadline for the bids will be.  This is a really simple event to put together,
and I think we should seriously consider doing this service for our kingdom.