[Namron] Need the loan of "artifacts"....

Samarrah bint Annaan samarrah_bint_annaan at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 06:41:03 PDT 2005

A fine morning to all!

This is your friendly librarian reminding you that our library's Summer Reading Program begins July 2nd.  For those of you who have already scheduled a time to share your talents with our kids, I send you a virtual hug of heartfelt gratitude!  For those of you looking for a way to enrich our program and share "The Dream" with a new generation, yet do not have time in your busy schedules in which you can visit with our young readers, I have the perfect solution!

I am decorating our library's meeting room to look like a castle.  I need "artifacts" and items that would help build the illusion of a castle chamber or courtyard.  Anything dealing with arts and sciences, or armour, or even musical instruments and such.  If it moves you to loan me something from your collections I will ensure that they are well taken care of and returned the first Pop in August.  If you have something interesting to loan, if it's not too much trouble, either bring it to me at Kings College, OR at next pop meeting.  Also, if you could attach a note about the item(s), what it is, what it was used for, what culture it is from, etc....then that is even more that I can share with the children.

Also, I have scheduled an event for our summer readers called "ROYAL ROMPS"

Monday, July 18,   1:00 p.m.

ROYAL ROMPS

(Program will be held in the park behind the Elementary Band Room)

This program will be held outside and entails games that kids might have played in Medieval times.  Sooooo....I need suggestions of games and descriptions of how they are played.  Also, I thought it would be fun to make a mini-may pole (some of the little ones have asked for it).  And I'm going to need help with that.  This would be a great day for some of you to show up in garb just to hang out and have fun with the kiddos! (AND HELP YOUR VERY OWN SAMARRAH!)

All help, all advice, all love and support will be greatly appreciated!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Sami

Lady Samarrah bint Annaan, Princess of Pie Procurement

God be with you in every pass. Jesus be with you on every hill.
 Spirit be with you in every stream, headland, ridge and law,
each sea and land, each moor and meadow, lying down and rising up,
 in the trough of the waves or on the crest of the billow.
 Each step of the journey you go, go with God.

http://mail.yahoo.com