[Namron] RE: Namron Digest, Vol 25, Issue 51

Jerry Barnes griffinred at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 08:42:08 PDT 2005

>Message: 9
>Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:35:05 -0700 (PDT)
>From: John Yates <valstarr_hawkwind at yahoo.com>
>Subject: [Namron] ADA
>To: namron at ansteorra.org
>
>In the long long ago, in my first stint in the SCA in
>about 81-82, there was a group in Ada, Eare Korr, or
>some close spelling derivative, IIRC.. I tried to make
>it to a fighter practice there, one time, IIRC, while
>still in HS.
>
>I still go through Allen once in a while. I broadcast
>an occasional game in Ada, still have some friends
>over there, inlcluding at least one ex-g/f.
>
>Memories............  :)
>

>Val (who was from Tandure (Durant,) in the mid 80's,
>and more rececntly, Gnomon Vale/Rundel (McAlester)

When I first moved to Ansteorra and Ada in '83 there was a group in Ada
known as Morrows Keep. This was about a year after Eirre Corre folded.
I also fondly recall many memories and folk from there. There are still a
few of the old-timers from the Eirre Korre/Morrow's Keep period still living
in Ada, like Ld. Direwolf and Asvaldr.
Sadly, I heard recently that one of my mentors from those days, HL Lothar
der Grauwolf, has passed from this mortal plane. He will always live in my
memories.

Ld. Donecan