[Namron] wish I was there

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 09:47:32 PDT 2005

--- VUJADEA200 at aol.com wrote:

> Greetings to all from the North!!
>     I saw on the list about how you were going to be
> taking a tour of the History of Science collections
> during Kings College and it  REALLY made me wish
> I had gotten this email sooner.  Since that was my
> minor, I could have suggested some great books to
> look at.  Oh well, too late now.  I hope that you
all
> had fun at Kings college, and I hope that  everyone
> learned something!!!

We got to look at some spectacular books.  I guess the
one that made the biggest impression on me was called
"The Starry Messenger" by Gallileo and had his
signature attached to a dedication to one of his
friends.  For those who are not familiar with the
book, Gallileo outlines his discovery of the 4 moons
of Jupiter in this book.  I got to hold this book in
my hand.  It is a piece of history I got to hold for
just a moment.  I was awestruck.  It definitely was a
life changing experience.

Isobel de Kirkbryde, a widow.  My son, Odhran Kilmaine and I were blessed to be taken in by Master Michael Fenwick of Fotheringhay.