[Namron] Fletch tite

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Thu Jun 23 19:18:25 PDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 07:51:24PM -0500, Jim L Couch wrote:
> Does anyone know if I can use Fletch Tite to stick my nocks and points
> to the shaft or is it just for the feathers?  Also, what type of
> protective coating should be used on the shaft if I am using Fletch
> Tite.

I use Fletch-Tite for everything when doing non-period arrows: points,
nocks, and fletching. Works very well. If you hit a very hard object,
you _may_ pop the nock off when the shock wave from the impact travels
backwards down the shaft -- I've had that happen a few times -- but mostly
things Just Stay Put.

For a coating, I use tung oil finish cut 50-50 with a suitable thinner; I
apply it with a paper towel, but Your Mileage May Vary.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tired old sysadmin