[Namron] Waterbearing at MedFaire

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Tue Mar 8 16:39:48 PST 2005

Quoting Kaitlynn Morgan <kaitlynnmorgan at hotmail.com>:

> I do not beleive any of our waterbearers are carded (they are hard to come
> by it seems). However, no one will have to be authorized to waterbear at
> Med-Faire. Skarrgard is simpily offering the stuff needed for waterbearing,
> anyone who wants to waterbear will have everything they need. Just show up
> and let us know when you would like to help, and we will get you set up.
>
> Thank you,
> ~kaitlynn morgan

Greetings and felicitations:

As Northern Regional Waterbearer, I am (quite nearly) always available to hold
a class. I've already held one in Namron in the last six months, and would be
more than happy to run another. Unfortunately, life forced me to cancel the
class I had intended to hold at Axeman II, however I am certain there are other
opportunities in the future. It's part of my job, and I enjoy and look forward
to every opportunity to do so.

In the north, we have more carded waterbearers than any other region. If you
need folks, I'm glad to send out the call to all those I have personally
trained. However, as M'lady Morgan pointed out, no, one doesn't have to be a
carded waterbearer to serve - at this, or any other events. It is *preferred*
that those serving at SCA events be trained - but waterbearing, like so many
other tasks in the SCA, is *voluntary*.. and if those who are voluntaring
aren't trained, the sky will not fall. (Though I might show up out of the blue
with class materials :P )

In service to the North, where the Black Star shines the brightest,

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyya
NRWB