[Namron] The solution to problems at WAR

DraegonvnBarfelz at aol.com DraegonvnBarfelz at aol.com
Tue Mar 8 23:26:55 PST 2005

I know I'm rather new at all of this, and at the same time, not entirely
privy to all of the information concerning this Gulf War/ADA issue.  I personally
will not be attending War this year since I cannot afford it finacially, nor
can I get that much time off from work right now.  But, this is my opinion on
the matter.

         What I have been able to gleen out of the emails is that apparently,
the autocrat(s) of the event are the one(s) creating an issue concerning
reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities.  Apparently, these issues
are now being discussed legally by the B.O.D.  My question is this.  Is it not
possible for these issues to be resolved in house by the Royal Courts that
will be present at the event?  Am I safe in assuming that the autocrat(s) answer
to the respective Court(s) they represent?  If so, then why can't the King's
of the respresented Kingdoms get together and hammer out some reasonably
acceptable guidelines for the autocrat(s) to follow concerning these issues.  If
that is possible, then maybe the Society can avoid the implied lawsuit it might
be facing?

         Based on what I've seen in the emails so far regarding these issues,
that is what would make sense to me.  I personally believe that yes,
reasonable accommodations should be made for people with disabilities, whether that be
a specially designed golf cart to an electric or standard wheelchair to
aluminum crutches.  Whether they're period or not shouldn't matter if these items
are required for the person(s) in question to enjoy the event and the game they
wish to participate in.

If my opinion steps on any toes or offends anyone, please understand that it
is the opinion of a man still learning how this game works.

Blessed Be,
Draegon von Bärfelz