[Namron] Children's entertainment and Pooky's happiness

Lord Pooky lord_pooky at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 30 08:48:31 PST 2005

Pookster,

I knew we loved you for some reason!!!

I'm thinking, wear a costume that looks good and
"Gianty", but friendly,  and we can select a few
stories with giants in them that you could either read
to the kids or tell the kids (with much acting out and
silliness).

And perhaps we can find a rhyme or two...and/or a game
or craft.  Or a silly wiggly dance.  Anything
elementary students would have fun with.
(Hmmm...Anyone know a story with Giants AND Pie?)

I have a formula I go by on my own story times that
fill up about a 30 min program without a craft or a
45-60 minute program with a craft.

The first step was to see if you were willing.  The
second step is to set aside an afternoon in July that
you'd be willing to perform for the kids.  And the
third is to plan out the program, outline it, and give
us both time to prepare and rehearse so we don't look
sillier than we intend to! LOL

Any assistants/props/tall tales/etc...that you'd like
to bring that you think might add to the children's
fun and enjoyment would be most appreciated.

And before I forget....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK
YOU!!!
Your Piefalootin Pal,
Samarrah
--- Lord Pooky <lord_pooky at hotmail.com> wrote:

Well Iv'e been mulling this over for a goOod 45 seconds now and first
thought: how about a revision of Jack and the bean stalk as seen through the
eyes of the cloud giant. He uses rhyme and after another minute of thought I
wonder how he could differentiate the olfactorial clues of "english mans
blood" from that of the french or say laotian.
I mean really!!
The highly successful giant who can build castles in the clouds ( not easy
to get the rocks up there)
minding his own business and... well we should save it for the kids.

Other then xxl cloathing what makes a giant look like a giant? Stature,
gate, a heavy footfall, and a bit of a saunter ....HA! sounds like the "
White-belt Stroll " we are so fond of and see from those wearing spurs in
this kingdom.

Are trolls big? Magnus, you big?
Maybe a retelling of the hardships of an easily dupable troll who ain't too
hungry if after a goat tells him his big brother is coming, he then doesn't
eat the first one and then thank the goat for the info. and eat his brother
too.

I am reaching deep into the archives of lost files within MY mind to pull up
fairy tails.
  A mix of ethniticities and libraries might be governmental, can't go to
biblical then... umm

Oh I know, utilize your resorces :"HEY EVERYBODY!"  Can you help us think of
ways or stories Pooky could use to entertain 20 kids? G rated please.

Now, giant crafts hmm. Show and tell? But all I got is ME shoes that'll
entertain for about 38 seconds.

Now don't ya be lettin ME hang. I want backup on this project. Don't be
deligating all the responsibility of the childrens happiness to ME. I will
need a backup or to be the backup. Everything is funnier as a duet. So
practice being an English Man and I will bring MY mortar and pestle.

The ones that matter the most in life are the children ~ so sayeth I,
Resident ~ Extra Extra Large

P.s. Be BIG, Be Good.

P.p.s. "Hey Every Body!" I have a replacement phone with the same
405-206-1227 #. So call ME if you want Me to have your phone #.  If I don't
get a call there is a chance I might never bew able to get a hold of you
again. A life without The Pooky Love should be a future to horrible to bare.
  Call so I can put your # into MY new phone. Otherwise, I'll miss you very
VERY much.

P.p.p.s (Hmmm...Anyone know a story with Giants AND Pie?) I'LL GRIND YOUR
BONES TO MAKE MY CRUST!!

Puhka Lovr's Disclaimer - This E-mail is intended for educational,
invocational, entertainment, or information dispersal purposes only. Any
taking too-seriously or forming hard-opinions concerning this or any other
E-mail from "The Pooky" is strictly forbidden. Any individual or
organization may contact "The Pooky" concerning "The~Love" or to schedule,
public / private viewings of "The Pooky"  at 405-206-1227. This signature as
always is a NON-political announcement, in accordance with ~The Prophecy~,
as illuminated by ~THE DREAM~. "VIVAT THE DREAM!!!! ". Save a reference page
in Your Heart for ME.  Become a Puhkaphyle: save this email to your Pooky
File. Blessed be the spell checker.  "I approve this message".