[Namron] Fwd: Cogito etc.

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Sat May 14 19:28:05 PDT 2005

 . . . cogito, ergo doleo.  I think, therefore I am
depressed.

Unfortunately, right now, this suits me to a "T"
even if you read Mike's translation of I think,
therfore I hurt.  And, I really do hurt. I fell at
work and have probably broken my hip.  It doesn't show
on x-ray or CT scan, but hopefully the MRI will tell
the tale.  I was in so much pain on May 5 that poor
Maleah interrupted getting ready for Beltaine to
transport me to the ER because Mike wasn't at home.
Bless her!!

I'm so sorry to have missed the zoo trip.  I just
wasn't up to it.  I know there are people in the
Barony who *know* what pain is.  I am an unusual
specimen in that all the usual pain meds don't work or
I am allergic to them.  So, that means, I spend most
of my time hurting a lot.  At the ER, once Mike got
there, he read to me and that helped to take my mind
off the pain -- at least somewhat.

I have a really, really bad case of cabin fever
combined with a tremendous rash of boredom and an
overwhelming episode of the lonlies and feeling
useless -- and maybe even a bit sorry for myself.
When all one can do is hurt w/o relief, it gets OLD
really fast.

I have been essentially cooped up in the house since
May 3 with my outings being to the doctor's office,
the ER, more doctors, and one short trip to
Albertson's.  The TV is not a very good
conversationalist and the days at home are long. So,
if anyone has some time on their hands, I could sure
use the company.

Mike is also having to miss quite a bit of work to
trot me from one place to another -- one day making
3 round trips to OK City.  So, if all you can do is
take me to a doctor's appointment or sit and talk for
awhile, I could sure use the company and the
distraction from the pain.

I'd feel completely cut off if it weren't for the
internet, but I can only sit up in the wheelchair
for short periods of time, then it is back to bed to
elevate and rest the hip.  Call if you are going to
come by, so that I can get to the door and unlock it
(I move s l o w l y).  I keep it locked because my
mobility is limited and I don't want just anyone
waltzing in.

All kind words, cards, money, jewelry, housekeeping
services, flowers, or any other methods of doting on
me and waiting on me hand and foot will be greatly
appreicated (read with the Mathias style sense of
humor when reporting the results of passing the hat --
"$X, a paperclip, and a dry erase marker.  Thank you."
and a huge grin on my face!)

Isobel de Kirkbryde, a widow.  My son, Odhran Kilmaine and I were blessed to be taken in by Master Michael Fenwick of Fotheringhay.