[Namron] Tick Answers from Gwyneth

Lindseybellam at aol.com Lindseybellam at aol.com
Sun May 15 17:16:05 PDT 2005

My ticks showed up Monday morning and evening, having taken a shower Sunday
night and checked carefully, I think they came in on my clothes and ended up in
my recliner and then back onto me.  You either need a bug repellent with DEET
for yourself or with permethrin for your clothes or car. It took me over a
year to get diagnosed and as a result I had to take two month long rounds of
tetracyclin, but it left damage since it took so long.  The main symptoms for
tick related diseases are: high fever, headache, tiredness, muscle aches, or a
rash, with Lyme you can get at bulls-eye rash (red center, white circle, red
circle) but only 50% of people with Lyme get that.  It takes about six weeks for
the antibodies to build up in your blood so that a test can find it.  It takes
a radioactive-immuno-assay test ( I think it is called ALISSA) and the test
is expensive, so some times you have to very persistent with your doctor to get
it.  Anymore questions, contact me privately by e-mail or phone, hoping all
stay well - Gwyneth