[Namron] STEPPS (water warning)

Kathryn Gordon kathrynelainegordon at yahoo.com
Sun May 22 23:09:54 PDT 2005

Greetings all,

There is an issue that needs to be brought to the attention of everyone
going to Canton this upcoming weekend.

The water in Canton has developed the reputation of being not only
bad-tasting but unclean as well.  At our staff meeting yesterday, we
asked for an update from a resident of that area, and, well, the rumors
are correct.  Evidently there is a lot of illness in Canton, and folks
are looking to the water for the reason.

What does that mean to Steppes Warlord? It means that ALL water served
by our waterbearers will be put through a sterilization process so that
our fighters and those who support them will Not be made ill. Knowing
how many people suffer with allergies to iodine, I want you to know
there will Not be iodine added to the water.  We cannot control the
flavor, other than to cover it up with Gatorade powder, sadly.

We encourage everyone to carry extra bottled water - even if you bottle
it yourself (in clean or, preferably, sterile containers that have not
carried dairy products).  Please don't use bath house water for tooth
brushing, or follow it with some of that tasty stuff - I think it's
called, um, Listerine?

This is not something to be afraid of.  It is a challenge to be met and
conquered, just like the great wonking guy facing you in the list.  We
know the issue, and we are containing it with your help.

in humble service,

Gerita del Mare
Autocrat for  8 more days.

Please cross post this message ONLY in its entirety.

DFWchinlovers at yahoogroups.com
http://carollesknitting.blogspot.com
www.japanesechinrescue.org