[Namron] history question

Epperson, Sheryl epperss at oge.com
Mon May 9 12:06:40 PDT 2005

I know that others, particularly Baroness Gwyneth, can answer this more
fully, but here is a brief answer.

1.  The Order of the Heart of the Sable Storm is our baronial service
award.  It carries with it an Award of Arms, if the receiver does not
already have one.  It is one of 3 service awards the Barony gives, and
the only award we can give that carries with it an AOA.  On a local
level, it is approximately equivalent to a Star of Merit.

2.  It was formed in 1980, according to what I can figure out from the
online Order of Precedence.  This was under our founding Baron, Bjorn
Magnusson Esping.

3.  I'm not sure-but all baronies are entitled to one armigerous
baronial award, normally for service, from what I understand.

4.  When it was first created, there were several given out.  If you
have, or have access to, one of the t-shirts created for our 25th
Protectorate, the storm outlined on the back contains the names of all
the storms at that time, in order as given out.

5.  You will need to ask Gwyneth, Baric, Sylva, and any others who may
have been active at the time.  I wasn't actively playing at the time, I
started that next fall.

Annabelle, feeling ancient