[Namron] Tick questions for Gwyneth

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 06:17:32 PDT 2005

--- el2iot2 at mail.com wrote:
> Sorry, but a bit of mis-information in need of
> correcting.
>
> Niether rheumatoid arthritis nor fibromyalgia <FYI:
> the AMA no longer calls this a syndrome> are
> contagious.  I have suffered both since 1982 and
> know way more than I ever wanted to about wither
> one.
>
> joy
> Radei

I think Mike's wording threw things.  Neither are
contagious.  But, there is some new evidence that
fibromyalgia can be "stimulated" (for lack of a better
word) into action via Lyme Disease.  Both are
autoimmune disorders which means that the body decides
to attack itself in a peculiar way.  Barat and Anya
also know all too much about RA.

My doctor told me that the Lyme Disease can affect the
immune system in such a way that autoimmune disorders
can be triggered where they otherwise might not be.  I
think that was what Mike was trying to say.  Not that
RA or FM are contagious.

Isobel de Kirkbryde, a widow.  My son, Odhran Kilmaine and I were blessed to be taken in by Master Michael Fenwick of Fotheringhay.