[Namron] Library Baton

Samarrah bint Annaan samarrah_bint_annaan at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 06:35:25 PDT 2005

Pookilator!

Just read your e-mail and it was fine...low blood
suger or no.  As to the script, I think it would be
most prudent to use Jim's script as our back bone and
then just elaborate and create from that.  Add here,
add a little there, and we'll end up with something
AMAZING!

One suggestion my Bjorn had was to make the goose the
"Security System" for the Giant's Castle.  It would
warn of any danger and lies, but the Giant tells the
kids that the Goose has been working hard all during
the harvest and while guarding the cookies, and now
deserves a quiet rest.  At this point the Pookie hands
out the quackers and asks the kids to help warn of
danger and tall tales while we let the goose take a
much deserved nap.  Then the giant would "test" the
kids with some tall tales to see if they can quack
correctly.  At this point, jack can sneak up and steal
the goose, but when the kids use their quackers in
warning, the Giant thinks they are just testing him.
A few might shout out "There's Jack!!" at which point
the Giant would say "NO, you're supposed to Quack, not
say Jack" without realizing the kids are trying to
warn him of the theft. So, for the rest of the play
the kids would quack warnings whenever Jack sneaks in
to the castle or tells a lie. (let me know what you
think of this addition to the script)

As to noise, um, we aren't your usual library.  You
might come in at any time to find me playing classical
music, or even the Clash on the library speakers.  We
holler at each other to pick up the phone.  We're not
good "Shushers" here. LOL.  We encourage the kids to
get excited and participate.  So don't worry about the
noise.

Just a little FYI, I've put together my calendar and
will post it this week or next on the library website.
 I've set all my days, but that shouldn't stop any
Namronian from wanting to help with suggestions,
ideas, displays, or even visits on the day's I've
scheduled.  I'll also bring a calendar to Pop (if'n I
ken reemeymbur)

Love and all that mushy stuff
Samarrah

Samarrah bint Annaan, Princess of Pie Procurement

God be with you in every pass. Jesus be with you on every hill. Spirit be with you in every stream, headland, ridge and law, each sea and land, each moor and meadow, lying down and rising up, in the trough of the waves or on the crest of the billow. Each step of the journey you go, go with God.