[Namron] General costuming/weapons question

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Fri May 13 04:20:13 PDT 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 05:02:40AM -0500, Jim L Couch wrote:
> I noticed at Beltane that quite of few people were wearing swords at their
> sides. I would assume for decorative purposes. But what if your chosen
> persona would normally prefer a spear or some other type of weapon that
> cannot be sheathed? Are these allowed? What if the weapon is also functional
> as a throwing spear, knife, axe, etc? The answer is probably obvious but I
> wasn't sure of the rules regarding this or the mundane legalities of it.

Spears can be sheathed, as can axes and halberds. One merely makes a
cover to go over the spearblade, very much like a knife sheath, of
over the working parts of the axe or halberd blade.

--
Mike Andrews		/	Michael Fenwick 	Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx	/	Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO