[Namron] Couple costuming questions

Jim L Couch jimcouch at gmail.com
Fri May 13 09:11:28 PDT 2005

I found a website that has instructions and plans for pretty authentic, I
think, Viking clothing. This is the period that I have been researching so I
would like to make some clothes using this site.
http://www.vikingsonline.org.uk
 My questions are:
 Is there a decent place to get leather here in OKC?
 I have a VERY limited amount of experience in sewing, ok basically none,
but I dont have a sewing maching either. Might be able to use my sisters but
not sure. Would it be improbable to do by hand? Would it just take a longer
amount of time for me to do it this way?
 Whats the best place in Norman to find material? I have looked at Wal Mart
but everything looks pretty modern to me.. I have been to Hancocks and they
seem to have a decent selection. Any other places I should try?
 Also, the decorative trim that you see around the necks, wrists and such
Would I find the trim at the same places I get the material?
 I am in no hurry. But I have been dying (Love being dramatic) to ask
questions regarding sewing since I started meeting you guys and just now amd
I comfortable to do so. Basically, I am just looking for a project so that I
can begin learning something... and at the same time make myself some pretty
decent.. semi authentic clothing. :)
 Thanks in advance.. Hope I didnt ramble too much.
 Jim