[Namron] Couple costuming questions

Jim L Couch jimcouch at gmail.com
Mon May 16 20:04:37 PDT 2005

Radei, its easy to say "Just do it" when you've done it forever. LOL But no,
you email was inspirational and if I had known it would have gotten me
anywhere close to cheerleaders I would have been a human sewing machine. I
was a nerd myself. Too bad its cool to be nerdy now and me.. I am so suave'.
LOL
 Elizabeta.. its probably a great combination to have him sewing and you
wearing the garments. Men KNOW what like you women dressed up like. heh
 Its something I am going to do. I can feel it in my bones. I have been
thinking the past couple days what colors would look good together.
Icelandic vikings supposedly wore clothes similar to their Scandinavian
neighbors. Colors were somewhere limited.. "More mundane shades of grey and
very dark brown were commonly worn by the populace, similarly shades of off
white were common amongst the lower classes. Earthy shades of brown, pink,
yellow, pale blue and brick red were also fairly common."
 I have been to Wal-Mart a couple times now and I dont break out in sweat
anymore. But its still hard for me to figure out which fabric is made of
what or if it even really matters. Some of them have labels on the side that
say what it is made of.. but most dont.
 I have a few good tunics right now but they are all pretty big on me and I
am thinking that for any event from here on out, they are going to be too
warm. I think I need to concentrate on making trousers, a lighter weight
tunic, maybe a cloak for if it gets cooler at night.. maybe some accessories
so I fit the mold..
 SO, now that i laid it all out.. Trousers.. that is what I am going to
make. so any specific comments regarding trousers and material, color,
weight, etc etc??
 You guys have been SO supportive and helpful on my little discussion on
clothing. It really is great to see SO many nice and helpful people.
 Jim Workingonmyname.