[Namron] Beltane

muriel at entelesoft.com muriel at entelesoft.com
Tue May 10 16:24:03 PDT 2005

Here are more Beltane winners.  I don't have all the full names:

Men's Caber and Men's Rock Throw:
Ld. Appollonarus Darius Septimus

Women's Caber:
Lady Bianca Sereni
Women's Rock Throw:
Skyye

Kid's Knife, Axe, and Spear:
-- memory lapse. psst, Kathryn, who was it? --

Boat Races:
Odstead on the good ship Spangler
**note - Gunnarstead gets "special" bragging rights for failing the most
miserably.  :)  Raid on horseback!

Tavern's Novice Bard Competition:
Lady Danielle de Marseilles.

Spang Hewing:
kids:  Michael Brown (Jim's son)
adults: Charlie "for now"

The Spang Princess was Lisa (I think), a wonderful girl for whom Beltane was
her first event.  She spent the day hanging out at the games field and
helping out.  Then she stayed up all night drinking coffee until she got
silly and exchanging jokes with a boy.  A true Spang Princess!

The May Queen was Nicolea (sp?).  She stayed out of trouble.

If the Maypole dance were a contact sport, Pooky would have been the winner.

But we were all the winners.  Tavern was... there are no words for how
awesome it was.  They fed us, entertained us, and left the place cleaner
than it was when we got there.  On top of all that, they donated the
proceeds to Skorgardr (whatever it's called now).  VIVAT Ara and Hatur!

Everyone who was there made it great.   I think we picked up a total of one
whole trash bag after everyone left, and most of that had been there longer
than we had.  Everyone was off site in time, and we had the Baronial stuff
put away and were home by 3:00pm.  Whooee!

Wolfgang was always in the middle of the action doing what needed to get
done, Puck and Brian and others helped take down the pavillions, Highlander
stopped me and asked if I needed help and then did what I asked him to even
though I changed it three times and he had no idea what he was getting into.
That's just the beginning...

Thank you Namron, thank you to Namron's friends and neighbors.

Lady Muriel ingen Gille Crist and Lord Donnchadh beag mac Griogair
former Beltane Stewards