[Namron] Couple costuming questions

Lee McGoodwin etienett at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 22:30:37 PDT 2005

Jim,

A good trouser pattern for early persona is a basic
pajama pattern.  Very easy to make.

I'd be glad to take you on a "tour" of Hancocks to
help you understand what's what in the fabric world.

See you at Pop.
Etienett

P.S.  I said sewing and such are traditionally thought
of as "woman's work", however, historically if you
wanted clothing that fit well you went to a taylor and
usually they were men.

--- Jim L Couch <jimcouch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Radei, its easy to say "Just do it" when you've done
> it forever. LOL But no,
> you email was inspirational and if I had known it
> would have gotten me
> anywhere close to cheerleaders I would have been a
> human sewing machine. I
> was a nerd myself. Too bad its cool to be nerdy now
> and me.. I am so suave'.
> LOL
>  Elizabeta.. its probably a great combination to
> have him sewing and you
> wearing the garments. Men KNOW what like you women
> dressed up like. heh
>  Its something I am going to do. I can feel it in my
> bones. I have been
> thinking the past couple days what colors would look
> good together.
> Icelandic vikings supposedly wore clothes similar to
> their Scandinavian
> neighbors. Colors were somewhere limited.. "More
> mundane shades of grey and
> very dark brown were commonly worn by the populace,
> similarly shades of off
> white were common amongst the lower classes. Earthy
> shades of brown, pink,
> yellow, pale blue and brick red were also fairly
> common."
>  I have been to Wal-Mart a couple times now and I
> dont break out in sweat
> anymore. But its still hard for me to figure out
> which fabric is made of
> what or if it even really matters. Some of them have
> labels on the side that
> say what it is made of.. but most dont.
>  I have a few good tunics right now but they are all
> pretty big on me and I
> am thinking that for any event from here on out,
> they are going to be too
> warm. I think I need to concentrate on making
> trousers, a lighter weight
> tunic, maybe a cloak for if it gets cooler at
> night.. maybe some accessories
> so I fit the mold..
>  SO, now that i laid it all out.. Trousers.. that is
> what I am going to
> make. so any specific comments regarding trousers
> and material, color,
> weight, etc etc??
>  You guys have been SO supportive and helpful on my
> little discussion on
> clothing. It really is great to see SO many nice and
> helpful people.
>  Jim Workingonmyname.

No light shines on the mind protected
No light shines on the fangs neglected
Run with the wolfpack.      (song lyrics)