[Namron] I made a TUNIC but

Lee McGoodwin etienett at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 18:35:09 PDT 2005

I swear, you try to warn them and they just don't
listen.  :-D

Didn't I say to make the neck opening smaller than you
think you need?  Oh, well, This does sound like a good
solution.  Isn't linen great!  I don't care if it does
wrinkle.

The trim idea mentioned by Lady Grainne' is good.
And, adding the same color to the hem is good too.

I love seeing people try new things...mistakes and
all!!

You have my biz card, you can call me if you need
help.

Etienett

--- Jim L Couch <jimcouch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well.. Bought some material. Linen. About 3 yards
> each of two different
> colors. So, I washed it, dried it, and laid it out.
> Made my pattern.. Cut it
> and looked great. Until I unfolded it and noticed
> that I made my neck hole
> about two times to big. Is it possible for me to use
> the other material (its
> darker so it looks good on top of the lighter one I
> made the tunic with) and
> cut out kind of a rectangle with a proper size neck
> hole. Then sew it on top
> of the tunic (with the large neck)? I was thinking
> that this would make the
> neck smaller and at the same time give the tunic
> more than one color. Also,
> I could use some of the darker fabric for trim on
> the bottom.
>  Is this a good idea or should I pretty much just
> count the first one as a
> huge lesson and move on to cutting out the second?
>  Thanks
> Jim

No light shines on the mind protected
No light shines on the fangs neglected
Run with the wolfpack.      (song lyrics)