[Namron] Re: Scathach

William Herron fitzbubba at gmail.com
Sat May 21 13:35:01 PDT 2005

> So FitzBubba is a bastard highborn. Something tells me he is quite
> comfortable with that, although his timeframe is well after the Norman
> conquest, making his name not a reflection on him but a well
> established family name.
> ~Finnacan Dub (pronounced Finnegan Duff)

On the contrary, it fit nicely.  "Buba" was a 10th-century French
village that we used as documentation.  And my original device
submission, "sable, a chess-rook argent" was returned for conflict.
We sent it back through with a bordure, which was a period method of
designating an illigetimate son using the father's coat of arms, and
it was passed and registered as "sable, a chess-rook within a bordure
argent".  (I now have the original submission registered as a badge.)

I'm quite happy with being officially designated as a bastard.  That
way people can either be pleasantly surprised when they meet me and
find out that I'm a nice guy, or I can be a jerk and fit in with my
name and device.

Bubba