[Namron] Tavern @ Protectorate

Lord Pooky lord_pooky at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 7 08:56:31 PDT 2005

While food of any sort that fills one's tummy is
welcomed, I remember the days when an SCA Tavern owner
would never thinking of offering mundane hamburgers,
etc.  It was usually cheeses, breads and fruit to
munch on, stew for lunch and something a little more
for dinner.  If you couldn't afford feast, that's what
you ate.  Most Tavern keepers are good cooks.  Simple
fare that's easy to fix and travels well. It's knowing
how to season that makes the difference.

Oh, Well... I wax nostalgic.
Etienett

I oft wax nostalgic too...

I reminisce about the odd / strange period foods once served (sometimes with
MY help) at taverns in the days of yor(ge') when life was young and time
permitted.

These days I find MYself too busy or disorganized to coalesce the staff,
implements and sundry to gitter-done. It's a failing and it's MY failing.

Until you and I find or create the time, like we used to with Mairin, I too
will continue to be immensely thankful that the members of The Caravan of
the Weeping Wolf have graciously agreed to allot their efforts to the well
being and good cheer of our Barony.

I do believe it was last year when I was without coin of any realm. It was
but their love for the Pooky that sustained ME and kept ME alive. I will
always be grateful for their hospitality and their generosity.  I do not
have a great memory for many things. I try to create the memories and that
does get in the way of ME retaining the memories but I do remember them
feeding Me when I was a pauper.  It was the best modern food,  I was happy
it was modern food,  and I was very happy someone Loved ME that Day.

I too look forward to enjoying what will be provided and grateful for their
efforts to share with us their time and love.

Pooky

P.s. (I gots ME some cash this time)

Do your shopping and make your DREAM at Poppa Pookie's Plentifully
Pleasurable emPorium!!!

Our Motto: "It's all about the Value of The~Love"