[Namron] Food Variety in modern time USA

Craig Pharaoh sherdana at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 13 23:07:55 PDT 2005

I think the only people who came close to the many
varied possibilities of the average American grocery were
upper class Romans and Byzantines in certain periods.
Until you live in some other countries, where all the
available food is local and seasonal, you might not realize
what a truly varied diet is possible, even though most
Americans probably eat pizza, hamburgers and tacos
to the exclusion of variety.  I have wild rabbit in my
back yard, but they have parasites which the domestic
rabbits sold in various food stores probably don't have.

P.S.
Did anyone find my wandering Inkle Loom at Protectorate?

Caius Fabius