[Namron] SCA cooks.

Craig Pharaoh sherdana at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 19:14:37 PDT 2005

It only took 800+ years for the Western Europeans to recover
from the fall of Rome, and have almost as varied a diet, of course,
by then some Roman seasonings were extinct, and the trade of
Indian spices didn't come up to the 2nd and 3rd century Roman
standards until after the age of Marco Polo....  and Romans bathed
daily or at least weekly and had flushing toilets and running water!

That is another reason they called the intervening years the Dark Ages,
unless you were fortunate enough to live in the East.