[Namron] SCA cooks.

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Wed Oct 19 12:10:52 PDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 11:11:40AM -0700, Lee McGoodwin wrote:
> Anyone, other than me, like escargot or sardines? :-)
>
> I remember reading somewhere, that a visitor from the
> Continent to England, (a diplomat, I think) was amazed
> at how much meat the English ate, even the peasants.

Yes to both, although sardines in moderation. I _really_ like sashimi,
ceviche, and various forms of pickled herring.

As to how much meat the English ate, I've read that the Scandinavians,
around 1000 AD, distinguished between ordinary meals and meals with
meat, which supports that diplomat's observation, allowing for the
different era.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO