[Namron] Not the same old food...

Lee McGoodwin etienett at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 10:18:50 PDT 2005

My family always had a freezer full of meat thanks to
my Uncle.  We'd buy a side of yearling from him when
we needed it.  The meat tasted SOOOOOO much better
than what you buy in the grocery store today.  Blah!!

Etienett

--- Samarrah bint Annaan
<samarrah_bint_annaan at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Caius,
>
> Hear, Hear!  Natural foods are always best.  My
> grandparents raised cattle, and we will after Bjorn
> retires from his mundane job.  Nothing but range fed
> in the warm months and hay and alfalfa in the
> winter.
> Good natural spring water and lots of TLC. THAT'S
> Good
> Farmin!
>
> --- Craig Pharaoh <sherdana at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Seriously?  Feedlots!
> > My beef is raised on grass, hay and occassional
> > grain and fruit,
> > without added wierd stuff and animal proteins.
> They
> > exercise daily,
> > having to move 1/2 mile (at least) between water
> and
> > food.
> > Longhorns have not been bred for "added weight"
> > which
> > usually means more fat.  Plus, we hang the meat
> for
> > couple of days after slaughter which imparts more
> > flavor.
> >
> > aside:
> > (I remember the British would "hang" pheasant
> until
> > the bird's
> > head came off, for more flavor, but that is going
> > bit far.)
> >
> > And Lord Hatur spent a lot of time making sure
> that
> > the meat was well
> > smoked, he started cooking for the feast a week
> > before the feast.
> >
> > All in all, it is the time that we take to do
> things
> > more naturally that
> > makes the difference in taste.    Imagine feedlots
> > where the cow's food is
> > laced with ground up animal proteins, (if they add
> > brains and spinal
> > cords you may get mad cow disease), and is made
> > salty so the beasts have
> > to drink, while the water has added chemicals to
> > make the animals hungry.
> > The animals stand around for days, just eating and
> > eating and pooping, then
> > are
> > slaughtered, cut up and packed off to the steak
> > house or grocery.  They add
> > the poop back into the cowfeed, so they don't
> waste
> > anything.
> > (I also worked as a butcher's assistant in a
> grocery
> > for a while).
> >
> > Sorry, now you know why I prefer home raised
> > beef.....and eggs and .....
> >
> > Caius  (who now has to go fix some fence, the
> > downside of home grown beef.)
> >
> > >From: Ulf Gunnarsson <ulfie at cox.net>
> > >To: Barony of Namron <namron at ansteorra.org>
> > >Subject: RE: [Namron] Not the same old food...
> > >Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 00:34:22 -0500

> > Protectorate was
> > was one
> > been
> > >
> > >Was that beef you raised, Caius?  I found it
> [...]

No light shines on the mind protected
No light shines on the fangs neglected
Run with the wolfpack.      (song lyrics)