[Namron] Guild of Camillus de Lellis

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 20:40:14 PDT 2005

Thank you so much for asking.  That gives me the
perfect opportunity to explain who we are and what our
goal is.

The Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis is for persons
with chronic illness and/or pain and their loved ones.
 The idea behind it is to support one another and
educate those who aren't afflicted as to how they can
assist those of us who are to allow us to more fully
participate in SCA events.  Namron has been wonderful
about dealing with people who aren't 19, 100% healthy,
and ready to rock-n-roll.  But, that has apparently
not been the case everywhere in the SCA.  We are
fortunate to have a wonderful Baron and Baroness who
have not only taken people under their wings, but have
accepted 3 service dogs that I am aware of - Dagmar's,
mine, and Carl's seizure alert dog.

My "position" was bestowed upon me by the Charter
members of the group.  It is being started in Caid and
we are working toward it becoming an Inter-Kingdom
group.  We have members all across the states and some
from other countries as well.  A Guild Charter is in
the works for presentation to TRMs for recognition of
the Guild in as many kingdoms as possible.  We are
hoping (barring being washed away by hurricanes and
the like) to have the charter presented in several
kingdoms at approximately the same time.

As Kingdom Guild Mistress, it is my job to locate
House Masters/Mistresses for each local group to
facilitate coordination, education, and support.  So
far I have two House Mistresses - one in Bryn Gwlad
and one in Loch Soilleir.  I also hope to present the
charter to TRMs as soon as the Guild has completed and
signed off on it.

No, I'm not a household of one, but we have not YET
been recognized as an interkingdom guild.  We are
frantically working on that.  Certainly anyone who is
interested in joining the guild need only contact me.
There is an electronic mailing list for vast moral
support and education.

Again, thanks for giving me the opportunity to
explain.  I guess, the best simple answer is I did it
again -- volunteered to do something I think will help
the SCA to expand and be more fun for more people.

Isobel