[Namron] Katrina Aid for Survivors-how you can help!

Annais de Montgomerie maleahladywait at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 20:07:40 PDT 2005

Greetings all,

Since it was decided for us that this subject would
not be discussed at last night's pop meeting, I
thought I would pass along some information for those
of you who would like to help the survivors of
Hurricane Katrina.

First off, Meridies is asking us to hold off on
donating money, cold hard cash, at this time.
However, they are welcoming gift cards, gas cards and
the like.  Wal-mart and home improvement types being
specifically named.  For info on where exactly to send
gift cards go to http://www.ansteorra.org and click on
the link just under the header(it's in red, hard to
miss).

Secondly, we(some folks in Namron) are part of a
supply run leg.  We have a way to get much needed
immediate survival supplies from Namron to Little
Rock, AR.  Once in Arkansas, the supplies will be
shipped onward to those folks in Louisiana/Mississippi
who desperately need a clean pair of drawers,
deodorant, and a warm fuzzy blanket.

If you would like to help these people out, and
remember some of them are SCA family, please contact
me or Mistress Alix (ksullivan6 at cox.net).

Mistress Alix has kindly volunteered to be a drop site
for the supplies. If you need directions, please
contact us.  (Just off I-35, Norman, easier to get to
than Big Red Sports and Imports!)

Meanwhile, here's a short list of things our
family(i.e. SCA and the human race) needs:

(for a more complete list see the link on the
Ansteorran Home Page)

Personal Hygiene supplies (ok, this includes feminine
hygeine products too!)
Tooth brushes
Tooth paste
Denture adhesive
Denture cleaner
Band aids
Deodorant
Batteries (all sizes)
Asprin
Tylenol
Sinus relievers
Ibuprofen
Soap
Shampoo
Wet Wipes/Baby butt Wipes
Diapers
Baby Formula
Baby Bottles and supplies
Duffle bags
Kleenex
Bug spray/'skeeter-b-gone

Food:
Non-perishable food items

Comfort Items:
Blankets
Pillows
socks
shoes
t-shirts
towels
wash clothes
underwear
All sizes, even children's

For the children:
Coloring books
crayons
Puzzle books
small stuffed animals
travel sized board games
anything fun!

Again, this is just a short list, please check the
links for more details.

If you have any questions, or ideas, or whatnot,
please let Mistress Alix or me know.

In Service,
Annais