[Namron] Needing advice on what Paint to use for outdoor banner....

Epperson, Sheryl EppersS at oge.com
Mon Sep 19 07:00:41 PDT 2005

Aelesia,

Here is a link to an article on painting tents:
http://www.greydragon.org/library/decoratingpavilions.html

Basically, what he recommends is using exterior latex house paint,
thinned with water so it will penetrate the fibers.  Use more than 1
coat if necessary.  This has been discussed on a period encampments list
on Yahoo several times, and as I recall this is the general consensus as
to the best method.  Fabric paint is available at craft stores, but if
you need a lot of it it gets expensive and some types recommend
heat-setting (ironing or dryer) to fully cure and bond.

There are several people in Namron who have made excellent painted
banners, Mistress Alix and Mistress Stacia among them.  I'm sure they
would be happy to give you advice if you wish.

Annabelle