[Namron] Guild of Camillus de Lellis

Susan Adkins susanmomof2 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 26 21:26:45 PDT 2005

I have waited a while to cool down before replying to these posts. One of the biggest things I as a parent of a child with disabilities dispise is the stigma that disabilites create. I don't want Carl to know he has a disability. He is a unique individual THAT IS IT!!!!! Please don't include him in this or the planning of this. I won't even go into the legal issues of including a minor w/o parental permission. I fight every day to keep his and all children's world open to the fact everyone is special. Carl has challenges, maybe more than some, less than others.  My opinion is this work- with people to include ALL children and adults. Find a way working WITH people. This area needs more children activites at events. Adults need to be willing to step in and help with everything not isolate by household/guild or activites such as fighter cooking A&S etc.

People who we have meet in our SCA experience handle their disablities with grace, not oh pitful me, I have a disability look at me. People with and without disabilites need help. Step up and help. You don;t need a household/guild or award to do that. Just a 'open mind and willingness to help.

Off my rant.  Lady Agnese de Siena