[Namron] Clarification of intentions

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 13:30:50 PDT 2005

Capt. Rob,

Thank you for being so straight forward.  I belive you
are indeed mistaken as to our aims and motives.  I
think some of the posts of people who are interested
in the guild are being confused with those of us who
are working on the formation of the guild.  It appears
there is a misunderstanding as to the intentions of
this Guild.  And, no, I'm not offended in the
slightest by your need for clarification.

No, the Guild does NOT intend to use the ADA as a club
to force compliance to anything.  The guild is not and
will not be an avenue for recourse for those who feel
they have been wronged by inappropriate accomodations.
 There are already administrative avenues for those
issues.

The idea of the Guild was to offer support to one
another and to support each individual in educating
others about what he/she needed to be able to play
more freely in the SCA.  We intend to brow-beat no
one.  We intend to bully no one.  We intend to offer
support and educate one another on things that have
been successful at helping one play in the SCA.

For example:  Right now on the e-list for the guild
they are discussing potty chairs -- what types of
sanitation was available during period?  How could a
person make something that would at least appear
period to use for a middle of the night necessary
moment?  How can they not only take care of the
emergent need, but proper disposal?

This is very "educational" to me, but no one is
bullying anyone with anything.  It's more about "Gee,
I can't figure out how to do this.  Has anyone else
done X with success?  If so, what did you do?  How did
it work?

We are not trying to be victims, but instead trying to
find creative ways to get around some of the
challenges handed to us and to do so in ways that fit
the theme, demeanor, and nature of the SCA.  No
victims.  No victimization.  Just support, creative
brainstorming for solving problems, and the strength
to tell others to go fly a kite when we need to.

Isobel de Kirkbryde
Deputy Hospitaler, Barony of Namron
Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis