[Namron] My two cents, Guild of Camillus de Lellis

Samarrah bint Annaan samarrah_bint_annaan at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 05:09:46 PDT 2005

Lady Celeste,

Elegently and honestly stated. Thank you for your
addition to the topic.  It was appreciated.

--- Tausha Walker <rentausha at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I realize that I am very late to this discussion. I
> tend to read all of the posts first. I just have a
> couple of things to say.
>
> First thing. I did not see anything in the original
> post that said that this guild was perfunctory. That
> makes it just like any other guild in my eyes...
> voluntary. If you don't want to be a part of it,
> don't join it.  They will not involve you if you do
> not wish to be involved. As Isobel said in a earlier
> post, it is up to the individual to educate others
> about their specific disability or whatever. Guilds
> by definition are very similar to households. The
> last time I looked,  the definition was something
> like;  "a group of people who band together for the
> purpose of researching a specific idea, subject,
> culture, etc. " The difference between a guild and a
> household is that anyone can go to a guild and
> learn.  Not everyone is allowed within a household.
> What's wrong with forming a guild to study,
> research, or promote something you are interested
> in? This guild has it's place just as all others do.
>

> Next thing. As a former hospitaler, I am a little
> upset at the way the whole title thing was
> addressed. I would handle this in private posts, but
> because  it was done on the group list I feel
> everyone needs to see this. Isobel made a mistake.
> Please, e-mail her privately on something like that.
> If someone had jumped on me on a public list when I
> was a newcomer, I wouldn't be in the SCA. I would
> probably either be doing research on my own or
> involved with the Aisle of Avalon or some other
> group instead. I love the SCA and I try hard to
> share the dream with others. However, when I get
> them to a meeting and they make a mistake like
> introducing themselves as "Lord, Lady, or Sir" so
> and so, and someone jumps down their throats for it,
> it is really hard to get them back. Who knows what
> they might have become. It's not easy to foretell
> what mistakes some might make. No matter how much we
> try to explain it, some won't understand until they
> become part of us. Just keep in mind that e!
>  veryone
>  makes mistakes. Please think hard before you
> correct someone in a group forum.
>
> Lastly, I do understand why some of you don't want
> to be part of that guild. That is fine. However,
> keep in mind that your needs and the needs of others
> are different. You that are getting by fine because
> of those of us that love you are doing great.
> Others are not.  Please allow them the freedom to
> research and come up with their own solutions. Let's
> not beat them up because of what they choose to
> research.
>
> I guess that's all for now. I don't think I offended
> anyone but if I did, I apologize.
>

> In Service I remain,
> H L Celeste Alinor Courtenay de Montmorency
> mka Tausha Walker

<DIV>
<DIV>Lady Samarrah bint Annaan, Princess of Pie Procurement, Den Mother of Puhka Lovr University, Mother to Michaella the Merguard and Billy the Mortally Mundane,wife to her beloved Rouda Bjorn Wilhelmson, The Iron Bear of Bjornsstead</div>
<DIV> </div>
<DIV>God be with you in every pass. Jesus be with you on every hill.</div> <DIV>Spirit be with you in every stream, headland, ridge and law,</div><DIV>each sea and land, each moor and meadow, lying down and rising up,</div> <DIV>in the trough of the waves or on the crest of the billow.</div><DIV> Each step of the journey you go, go with God.</div>
<DIV> </div>
<DIV> </div></div>