[Namron] Greetings from your Seneschal

Brad Stanley vortmax at cox.net
Sat Apr 8 13:36:18 PDT 2006

Greetings unto one and all.

Here is a summary of my statements at Populace this past Wednesday:

1) Officer positions currently open:
- Treasurer - This position will close for applications as of the second
populace meeting in April.  The treasurer is responsible for keeping
track of Baronial finances, writing checks, and directing fundraising
activities.  The Treasurer is also a member of the financial committee
and has one vote (out of three) regarding financial decisions within the
committee.  This position is a *required* office for a Barony to exist.
Currrently I have two applicants for this position.

- Knight Marshall - This position will close for applications as of the
second populace meeting in April.  The Knight Marshall is responsible
for directing fighter practices and combat at events.  This position is
a *required* office for a Barony to exist.  Currently I have no
applicants for this position.

- Herald - This position will close for applications as of the second
populace meeting in May.  The Herald is responsible for obtaining or
performing heralding for court, populace, and events.  The Herald also
assists members who wish to register a name and/or arms within the SCA.
This position is a *required* office for a Barony to exist.  This
position just opened, so I have no applicants at this time.

- Archery Marshall - This position will remain open until a candidate is
found.  The Archery Marshall is responsible for overseeing all archery
shoots and practices.  This position is an optional office for a
Barony.  This position has remained open for some time, and Lady
Annabelle would appreciate someone to officially take over the position
she has been voluntarly occupying for several months.

- Rapier Marshall - This position will remain open until a candidate is
found.  The Rapier Marshall is responsible for overseeing all light
weapons fighting at events and practices.  This position is an optional
office for a Barony.  This position has remained open for some time.

Please send copies of your application for the office(s) of your choice
(found at http://www.ansteorra.org/publications/forms/ ), a brief
statement of your qualifications and reasons for applying for the office
("Because I really want to!" is good enough), and copies of the front
and back of your SCA membership card and driver's license to the current
officer holding the office, the Northern Regional officer of the office
(address can be found in the Blackstar), the Baron and Baroness of
Namron, and myself.

2) Office Hours.
- I will be resuming a tradition once observed in the past of having
"office hours" once a week.  These hours will be from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
at Namron's fighter practices.  Since this weekend (April 9th) is the
Northern Regional Fighter practice in Duncan, and since next weekend I
will be out of town visiting relatives for Easter, my first "office
hours" will occur at the April 23rd fighter practice.

3) Tables.
- Namron's twelve old wooden tables are still up for bid.  Please send
me your bids via postal mail or by hand to me at Pop/Office hours.
Please include your contact phone number. There is no minimum bid.  One
bid per table, please (e.g. "3 tables for $5 each" is acceptable, "3
tables for $15" is not).  I plan to get the tables out of the shed when
we come back from Beltane (when the shed is empty), then have the
winners either pick them up from me or receive them at the following
Populace meeting.  I will contact the winners individually after Beltane.

4) Death of a computer.
- My laptop's hard drive is on it's last legs.  I am still able to
receive e-mail on my PC at home.  However, I prefer a phone call if the
matter requires more immediate attention, or postal mail if it
*requires* a written reply or official business.  My contact information
can be found on the Namron website (namron.ansteorra.org, click "Officers").

In service to Namron and Ansteorra....

--
---
Lord Thomas of Weathshear