[Namron] Fwd: [mooneschadowe] A list of SCA T-shirt slogans

Susan Campbell arspudsmom at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 01:21:42 PDT 2006

Okay for those of you who are not on the moonshadowe list, I had to forward this off... its classic!!
  Ldy Susannah Blackthorne

  To: Moonlist <mooneschadowe at yahoogroups.com>
From: Cynthia Rogers <wolfpaws at mac.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 23:53:36 -0500
Subject: [mooneschadowe] A list of SCA T-shirt slogans

Some of my favorites:

CARPE DUCTUM [Sieze the Tape]

The SCA is a great deal of fun: we can have Archaic and eat it, too!

My father sacked Lindisfarne, and all I got was this crummy  penannular
brooch

Live by the sword, die by the crossbow

Never piss off a bard, for they are not subtle, and your name scans  to
Greensleeves.

An apron with: "War Cook--  Death From Within" and underneath "Over
10,000 Slain!"

Heralds lend class to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl

Of course he has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives.
It's 1183, and we're barbarians. (From Lion in Winter)

It takes a Viking to raze  a village

Build a listfield - they will come

I may be a squire, but I'm not YOUR squire

Old Celts never die-- they just have harp failure

http://www.currentmiddleages.org/tents/scasaying.htm