[Namron] Brewing

Matthias the Brewer matthiasthebrewer at cox.net
Tue Apr 11 21:04:51 PDT 2006

Sediment comes from fermentation.  With a wine or mead, it probably means
you bottled it before fermentation was complete.  (Not that this is bad,
that is where sparkling wines/meads come from).  Next time, you might try
leaving it in the carboy longer before you bottle it.  This should cut down
on the fermentation.  Another option is to kill the yeast before bottling
(UV light, potassium sorbate, etc).  Then the sediment should be minimal.

Beer just about has to contain some sediment.  If you want it carbonated,
you have to let it ferment a little in the bottle.

Call if you want to talk more.

Matthias

  _____