[Namron] Rumour Mongering and general bad behavior

Matthias the Brewer matthiasthebrewer at cox.net
Tue Apr 11 21:26:40 PDT 2006

All,

I would count this as a much more meaningful post if there were names
associated with it rather than the vagaries below.

I am the one mentioned who did not have a warrant renewed.  Yep.  That was
me.  I had troubles with some of the forms, had problems with a slow
transition, and was further slowed down by a ban from Kingdom to NOT utilize
the previous treasurer as a resource.  This means I pretty much had to learn
everything on my own.  And being rather stubborn (yes, really!!!), I don't
like asking for help from others.  This is all my responsibility.  I was
offered help from several people, which is also something that tends to make
me do things on my own (stubbornness combined with independence).

In my personal OPINION, I doubt the previous Treasurer (Kathleen) will ever
be given the office again.  There were some irregularities about how some
things were done.  I don't think she did anything done maliciously, but some
things certainly out of the ordinary.  The SCA in general tends to be very
particular about how funds are handled.  Given that their status as a
not-for-profit organization is at stake, I'd say it's a pretty reasonable
approach.

Rumor mongering.  Isn't that pretty much what is being done below?  Trying
to stir up the Populace with a vague email full of veiled accusations?

I'd be more than happy to sit down and talk about all of this with the
author of the below email.  And I'd also like to encourage everyone to sit
by and listen.  However, I doubt that is going to happen.  Or is it?  I
could make time to meet with interested parties this weekend.

I don't believe Kathleen left the office in a disaster.  I found all of the
records to be in pretty good shape.  The biggest problem was trying to open
one checking account, close two accounts (neither of which had my name on
them as an authorized user), and try to meld three checking accounts into
one report.  A smooth transition was not possible, but that is neither her
fault nor mine.

Anyone have plans for this weekend?

Matthias

  _____