[Namron] Thoughts From a Newcomer

Samarrah bint Annaan samarrah_bint_annaan at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 06:42:23 PDT 2006

Hey Newbie!
(to Namron that is)

All I can say about your post is...

Thank you.  You are most kind, and an obvious assett
to our little family.

Consider me,

Your friend,
Sami

--- John Yates <valstarr_hawkwind at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
>    Please bear with me for a moment, for a few
> thoughts from a newcomer to the Barony.
>
>    I've read very few of the contentious-related
> posts, and know next to nothing about
> parties/situations past and present.
>
>    I've been part of two groups that didn't make it
> (Rundel and Tandure, and most of you will have no
> clue
> there was once an attenpt at a group in Durant OK in
> the 1980's.)
>
>    I was part of Northkeep, and proud to be so. But,
> what have I received while interacting in recent
> months with Namron? Friendship showed, and an open
> welcome. My treatment when I came to pop in January
> showed the warmth of friendship extended.
>
>    You have nice friendly people, and a storied
> history in the SCA to continue to be enjoyed. You
> also
> have a group able to have your own enjoyment at some
> of your own events, without always having to travel
> find it.
>
>    I've been made to feel welcome, and have come to
> feel like I am part of this Barony, though the many
> leagues and real-life responsibilities means I am
> seldom present. I hope, in some way, to be of help
> the Barony I am newly a part of.
>
>    I would close with this observation; the person
> looking only for opposition will never see the hand
> opened in friendship.
>
> Regards,
> Valstarr

<DIV>
<DIV>Lady Samarrah bint Annaan, Princess of Pie Procurement, Den Mother of Pukhta Lovvek University, Mother to Michaella the Merguard and Billy the Mortally Mundane,wife to her beloved Rouda Bjorn Wilhelmson, The Iron Bear of Bjornsstead</div>
<DIV> </div>
<DIV>God be with you in every pass. Jesus be with you on every hill.</div> <DIV>Spirit be with you in every stream, headland, ridge and law,</div><DIV>each sea and land, each moor and meadow, lying down and rising up,</div> <DIV>in the trough of the waves or on the crest of the billow.</div><DIV> Each step of the journey you go, go with God.</div>
<DIV> </div>
<DIV> </div></div>