[Namron] philosophy and the SCA

syr_owen at nordsteorra.org syr_owen at nordsteorra.org
Thu Apr 13 15:13:09 PDT 2006

Quoting muriel at entelesoft.com:

> Brainstorming...
>
> What does "being noble" mean to you, personally?  How can we each implement
> nobility in our daily SCA lives?
>
> Any thoughts?

What does "being noble" mean to you, personally?  How can we each implement
nobility in our daily SCA lives?

Any thoughts?

Muriel I would like to thank you for encouraging some discussion on the list
that not only encourages each member of this Barony to think but that
hopefully helps those who are new to this community.
	As a newer member of the Nobility within the Kingdom I have given a
lot of thought to this. It is something I strive for everyday. Some days I am
better at being Noble than on other days.
	In this community we are all members of the gentry so we should all
try to be the nobles that we are. So let’s see what the definition of noble is.

1: having high moral qualities;
2: impressive in appearance;
3: of or belonging to or constituting the hereditary aristocracy especially as
derived from feudal times;
        To me it means if I give my word it will be done. To have the courage
to stand up for what I believe is right. To serve the Crown. To be above all
that is mundane.
        As for adding to our daily SCA lives I have tried to add it to my
daily life in general. Thanks to the wonderous advice of my beautiful wife.
Who really truly helped me become the Man I am today.
        Again thank you Muriel I look forward to the next discussion thread.

Syr Owen ap Aeddan