[Namron] Badges for children (Lord Pooky)

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 15:48:07 PDT 2006

I had offered to help with getting the children's sashes done.  If I am not needed for that, then that's fine, but please let me know.  I have sought info from Weisenfeuer as to what worked for them, and I agree, no dying of fabric.  A denim or trigger cloth works best.  They said trying to do gold trim didn't work very well, so they made sashes that were black on the front and gold on the back with the gold being wider than the black so that when pressed flat, the gold showed on the outside.

If you are indeed going to go with gold trim, I saw some polyester woven trim that should be strong as iron at Hobby Lobby in several widths from 1/8" wide to about 2" wide.

Lady Anya has a machine that does digitizing, but the last time I talked to her about a project she indicated she was up to her eyeballs in projects.  Although under other circumstances she could probably DO them, she very likely can at least offer advice or cousel on who else could do digitize the badges.

So, Pooky and Lucrezia, do you have this project under control and no longer wish my help?  I'd like to know so that I know if I'm helping or getting in the way.  I know too many cooks can spoil the broth and I want this to show that Namron can produce a marvelous end result, as I know we can,.  If I need to step out of the way for that process, I will happily do so,  If my services are still needed please let me know,

Lady Isobel the confused.

Jennifer <fairefolk at yahoo.com> wrote: I will see them on Monday. And yes sometimes people
charge an arm and a leg for the digitizing...but I
have heard a way around that so I will do some digging
on ye ole computer. I should have some information for
you all before I leave next Friday and will let you
know all I find out.
We could use old jeans dyed black but it would take a
lot of black dye because black is one of the hardest
to get dark enough and though it might last a long
time it is a pain in the keester. More trouble and
more costly than it is worth for me...I would rather
make them up of already dyed fabric.
I will be visiting my favorite jobber on Sunday for my
fabric needs, (jobbers buy left over fabric from the
factories and resells it.), sometimes he has tough
black fabric for $1 or 2 a yard. I will be buying and
bringing back that and some gold for the edgings. If
it does not work then I will sell it to someone who
wants it.
Missing everyone but enjoying the nice cool weather
here and friends and family that are showing up for
visiting...if one more person asks us when we are
moving back, I think I will throw something at them.
Oklahoma is now my home, California is a wonderful
vacation.
Will email later with information,
Lady Lucrezia...the beloved, Mumsy to the beautiful
Harmonia and the Pooky Princess Rossa.