[Namron] Badges for the Children

Deborah Larson amberglyph at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 17:26:30 PDT 2006

OK.  I went to the MOC site and found most of the information that I need to get started on these.  All the art work is there, although it's in black and white with some colors specified, but not all.  Does that mean we have some latitude in choosing colors?  Also, it says that a barony may have borders on the badges, it even uses Namron as an example.  Does the barony want a gold and black border on these badges?  It will increase the stitch count, and thus the cost when these are sewn out, but it will look very nice.  On the other hand, I can just put in a running stitch circle to use as a cutting guide.  It's my understanding that these are to be made out of felt, which happens to take embroidery beautifully, and doesn't ravel.

  The only thing I couldn't find is the suggested size.  I'm guessing somewhere between 2 and 3 inches so that all 25 would fit on a sash, but I'll need to know.

Isobel de Kirkbryde <kirkbryde at yahoo.com> wrote:

Sounds like a plan to me!

Isobel

http://mail.yahoo.com