[Namron] Badge and Sash Projects for children (w/ contact emails)

Lord Pooky lord_pooky at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 7 14:44:22 PDT 2006

Wow!  What wonderful coordinating skills you have Lord Pooky.

~Thank you, it is one of MY few talents.

I will see where the fabric is that is to be donated and go retrieve it.

~ Thanks I really appreciate you doing the leg work!

I need to do short runs out of the house as I've gotten a bit of cabin fever lately.

~I'm doing the opposite, I can't find an hour for MYself at home.

Once we have the fabric, we can get the trim and edge the sashes easily enough.  Again, we need to know about how many you need.

~Short term : ergo Protectorate XXX I'm not sure how many children show up on a regular basis.? +20% it'll be a big event... oh 50 sashes would definitely cover the kids; I think and hope.

Long term : Five years, I'm doubling cool hand luke's # and going with 100. It's a best guess approximation, they will get used and wont go to waist. I had the nifty idea of giving teachers a sash and a badge for the classes they teach if they'd think that'd be nice, so that'll help use up some extras over the long haul. 10 now 30 over 5 years I'm hoping... I think it helps substantiate the 50/100 approximation ( I want one too ). I need to think about a teachers badge to go on the sash above the classes they teach. I'll want input on design from Kingdom MoC E. Adria so I'll forward this email to her.

Then, perhaps Annabelle and Lucrezia and I could get together for a chance to work together with LUV on the sashes while others work on the badges.

~Fabulous, Wonderful, I appreciate you bunches!

I'll be happy to head up sash detail of getting fabric and people together for the assembly line as needed. Isobel

~ Sounds great, please let ME know if you need anything (I have financing for supplies too).

More Luv, ;^))

Lord Pooky ~ MoC for The Loving Barony of NamronLord Pooky <lord_pooky at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello all you wonderful helpers, I have some good news concerning the badge brigade! Genevieve of Wiesenfeuer jgypsee1 at yahoo.com is doing the badges for Wiesenfeuer. They are VERY nice! They have little flames around the edges to signify their Barony. She has graciously digitized a couple samples for Namron with little yellow and black tornados around the edges. They REALLY look super marvelous!  I'm hoping her design with the little tornados is what we get to use. I think it's the gold standard. Genevieve says she can send the digitized image file to someone. I do not think she has all the badge images combined with the ring of tornados ( I gave her only six hours lee time before the event this weekend and she still managed to send 4 different badges with someone wonderful to the event as an example for ME).HL Oriana Corbizzi amberglyph at yahoo.com Genevieve is the person with the images for digitizing. If you can get with her I think she has created what we need. Big Pooky hugs to you for helping!(I'm not sure what is messing with MY font size) I think the consensus is pre-blackened cloth for the sashes? That sounds easier then adding the messy step of dying, to ME too. Angharad / jo anne FuzzyPals at aol.com says she has black trigger that she will lovingly donate to the sash brigade if someone will pick it up HURRAH! Lady Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com I think everyone's help is still necessary and I don't think We can have too many cooks to feed the needs of the kids so I would appreciate any help you can give in conjunction with Annebelle epperss at oge.com and Lucrezia fairefolk at yahoo.com on sashes would be fabulous! Ayesha alviscin at aol.com  recommended dark yellow seam binding an the edges. Wiesenfeuer uses yellow trigger a little bit bigger then the black to get the yellow trim effect. I'm fine with any method. On Wiesenfeuer's sashes the yellow surround is maybe 3/8th an inch wide. I am hoping for a little more obvious yellowness, but that is an esthetic call on MY part.  I believe the badges are 2 inches in diameter. The pattern size Genevieve has designed really looks good. margaret m.p.decker at att.net said she might be able to do some badges and that would be wonderful! Genevieve says she can send the digitized file in many forms. She would know if PES would be one of them. Mistress Alix ksullivan6 at cox.net I agree with you and wish I could think of a feasible way to stay a purist about these badges. At 7 classes with 20 children (hopefully) at one event called Protectorate XXX, I'm looking at 140+ hand embroidered badges for one weekend. I can't do it with MY paws of pooky and I couldn't ask someone to do so much work and effort. It'd be nice but I don't know how to make it feasible. I'd like to be having a kid's class at every possible opportunity like fighter practices / maybe off to the side at popul. meetings / any time any ware so i'd like to get manymanymany badges in reserve so at the drop of a hat and the availability of a teacher we are a go. When I/ we find the sewing machine that can handle it I'm looking to pump out the insane # of 100 badges in each class category. That's a longer term pooky goal. That way we'll be covered for 5 years and be able to be ready for all the kids. For right now getting high quality badges and sashes to cover our needs for protectorate would be a goal we can all be proud of. Making a badge for badge making (embroidery) sounds wonderful! I don't think they can spend the time making a badge for drumming while they are learning drumming so I'm having trouble understanding the timing at events. Please let ME lord_pooky at hotmail.com know how things are going, thoughts, plans, ideas, anythinganything, needs, I am here for you and the kids. I really appreciate everyone's help,I can not emphasize that enough, Lord Pukhta "Pooky" Lovvek ~ MoC for The Loving Barony of Namron
 Do your shopping and make your DREAM at Poppa Pookie's Plentifully Pleasurable emPorium!!!Get your Education at Pukhta Lovvek's University of Empathy and Learning Center of Loving Thought!!! Our Motto: "The~Love Illuminates and Vivificates THE~DREAM"_______________________________________________Namron mailing listNamron at ansteorra.orghttp://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/namron-ansteorra.orgLady Isobel de KirkbrydeDeputy Hospitaler, Barony of NamronGuild Head of the Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis, Kingdom of Ansteorra