[Namron] Sunday smackdown

Chris Simon chainmansca at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 19 15:06:54 PDT 2006

Im thinkin around 12:45 or so that should give us plenty of time to get a few things done. and in general here is a short list (and pretty cheap) of new fighter supplies:
  Duct Tape 2 colors. Red for thrusting tips and blade edge and what ever other color you like for your sword
  Fiberglass Strapping Tape: usualy found at wally world or hardware store could be in painting supplies could be in office supplies. I reccomend 1 inch width the larger widths are good for taping the blade but can be cumbersome for other applications.
  Blue Camping Mat: Again wally world in sporting goods about 8 bucks a roll used for armor padding and thrusting tips
  Copper Rivets w/ Burrs:You will have to get these from a leather supply store
  Leather strips Various siizes: Straps for armour parts for thrusting tips
  Elbow And Knee Pads: sporting goods at you guessed it wally world
  Groin Protection : Jock and cup
  Some handy tools to have are:
  Utility Knife
  Leather Punch: Punches holes for straps and for armour assembly
  Leather Strap Cutter: These things are awesome know life sucked before I bought one
  Pair of heavy duty siscors
  Rivet Setting tool: Handy for setting rivets
  I am going to bring my tools and the supplies I have with me tormarrow depending on how many show up will determine how much we make it through.
  Please let me know if I can do anything else
  Aethelred

Adeliza DeArmand <adelizadearmand at gmail.com> wrote:
    What time should we (newbies) show up for the extra information session?  Thanks for offering it, I'm really excited about getting to learn more about fighting and all that goes with it.

  Lizzy

  On 8/19/06, Chris Simon <chainmansca at yahoo.com> wrote:       Hello all
   Just trying to get a general idea of who all will be at practice on sunday trying to get together some extra stuff everyone to use and see if any of the newer fighters are intrested in maybe showing up a little early to work on some basic equipment stuff. With all the new bloodthirsty warriors we have if we can have an extra hour or so to all work together on stuff like pading and stick taping and the like.Also i cant find the email but i thought there was some help needed at the student group but im not sure when or where please help a poor dude that has been hit in the head far to with some info.
  Thankx a Ton
  Aethelred