[Namron] Must see this Article! Controversy of Yearbook Photo ofScadian in Garb!

Lord Orlando Di' Gilead daniel.pupek+sca at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 18:33:24 PST 2006

Greetings All!

This is my first post to the Namron list. So far my lady and I have
thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality shown by both baronys in the area!

I read through some of the AOL posts about the article in question and it
amazes me how much anger I found towards the MOM! Our society, it seems,
has some real anger management issues. This kids mother has a right to raise
her child the way she wishes and her child has a right to express himself in
the way he wishes. The mundane world could learn a lot from the SCA....it
would most likely be a much more peaceful place.

Orlando Di' Gilead

On 12/13/06, John Hurst <jhurstsca at cableone.net> wrote:

> If it was just garb, no question.  But he is n armour, and heavily armed.
> Not the same thing, and not strictly appropriate for a yearbook photo.  If
> it was my school, I would probably have passed it, but it says that the
> school has a zero tolerance for weapons,  so I am less sure that they are in
> the wrong.
>               Ewen
>
> At 04:44 PM 12/13/2006, you wrote:
>
> This is a perfect example of how all this "political correctness" is
> getting way out of hand.
>
> Wolfgang

"Prudentia Prius Viris" - Wisdom Before War