[Namron] Populace meeting places ... Random thoughts.

Sjonna sjonna at cox.net
Tue Feb 21 20:27:07 PST 2006

Just some random thoughts I had ...  I am sure you all have had extensive
conversations about meeting places ...

I know from working with other non-profit groups that it is nearly
impossible to find free space.  Whoever offers you space is incurring costs
and must be able to accommodate children and a large group.  The best goal
is probably trying to find the least expensive place to meet ... With a
bonus being a "free" space.

Where do other SCA groups meet?  Is there a VFW/lodge Hall you could use for
a small fee?  Can you change the meeting days to be able to use space like
the library or another place that is regularly open during the evenings? How
about an area museum (like Jacobson House) or a church or non-profit that is
open in the evening with space and offer a small fee to offset their
costs/clean-up, etc.

Another thought might be that the girl scouts/other groups used to meet at
the Norman Fair Grounds -- if you could meet the same night and share the
facility you might find a very inexpensive place to meet.

Regards,
Bianca Sereni