[Namron] Official or not (it's merely pining for the fjords)

Matthias the Brewer matthiasthebrewer at cox.net
Fri Feb 24 21:02:14 PST 2006

I promise, I don't have any money like that laying around.

Welcome back Bubba.  Long time no read.

When I was in the Marine Corps, we had a "frost call" system.  The Platoon
sergeants called the squad leaders (or section heads), who called their
subordinates, who called their subordinates, and so forth ad nauseum.  And
even this system had problems and was not 100% effective.

I think it might be worth finding a way to post the information.  Be it on
the Web site, or on an answering machine (which would have a recording
announcing the current plan/changes), or something like that.

HOWEVER, I think we've beaten this dead horse to death and beyond.  We've
gone way past the point where we've established that some of us perceive a
problem to exist. Let's quit bitching and wanking about this, and solve the
problem.

Does anyone have a solution for this?  A way to communicate to diverse
people across half the state?  And it has to be easy and cheap.

Any takers?

  _____